People working at the European Commission help shape Europe’s future and need to perform at the highest level in the interest of all Europeans. The Commission will continue to work towards offering its staff a modern workplace and fulfilling careers, to attract and retain the best talent across all EU countries.
Make a difference
Do you want to help shape the future of European Union? Make the planet greener, promote a fairer society, or support businesses and innovation across the EU? Then come and work for the European Commission where you can really make a difference!
Commission staff are a diverse group of people, who are motivated to help make Europe – and the world – a better place. They come from the 27 Member States of the European Union. Different nationalities, languages and cultures make the Commission a vibrant and inclusive working place. Job opportunities range from secretaries, scientists and policymakers to economists, trade negotiators and nuclear inspectors. You can learn more about our staff composition through our official key figures and statistics.
Meet our staff: Rasa Galykte
Meet our staff: Per Haugaard
Meet more of the Commission's staff
Your next job at the Commission
The Commission offers job opportunities with various types of employment status that range from permanent (civil servants) and non-permanent staff positions to traineeships.
If you are looking for a permanent position, you have to pass an open competition. The European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) manages this selection process for all EU institutions. Visit their website to find out how to apply.
Once you pass a competition, any EU institution can recruit you from the reserve list of successful candidates.
You can also apply for a fixed-term position as temporary or contract staff. Selection procedures vary depending on the staff category and type of contract.
You can find vacancies for temporary and contract staff on EPSO’s website. These include secretarial, specialist and management positions.
Twice a year, the European Commission offers 5-month paid traineeships to 1 800 university graduates. These start every March and October. Find out how to become a trainee.
Life at the European Commission
Jobs at the Commission offer varied and fulfilling careers in a vibrant, multilingual and multicultural environment, excellent learning and career development opportunities, competitive and flexible working conditions and a modern work environment.
Working at the Commission – conditions and environment
The European Commission is a green and inclusive employer offering flexible working conditions, a healthy life-work balance and learning opportunities.
Working in the EU and around the world
A career in the Commission gives you the opportunity to work in many different areas and move to other Commission departments, countries or other EU institutions.
- Downloadбългарски(413.63 KB - PDF)
- Downloadespañol(411.62 KB - PDF)
- Downloadčeština(412.42 KB - PDF)
- Downloaddansk(411.91 KB - PDF)
- DownloadDeutsch(412.54 KB - PDF)
- Downloadeesti(410.52 KB - PDF)
- Downloadελληνικά(412.54 KB - PDF)
- Downloadfrançais(411.79 KB - PDF)
- DownloadGaeilge(411.31 KB - PDF)
- Downloadhrvatski(403.84 KB - PDF)
- Downloaditaliano(410.83 KB - PDF)
- Downloadlatviešu(411.05 KB - PDF)
- Downloadlietuvių(410.96 KB - PDF)
- Downloadmagyar(412.16 KB - PDF)
- DownloadMalti(412.87 KB - PDF)
- DownloadNederlands(410.86 KB - PDF)
- Downloadpolski(412.95 KB - PDF)
- Downloadportuguês(412.15 KB - PDF)
- Downloadromână(411.84 KB - PDF)
- Downloadslovenčina(400.07 KB - PDF)
- Downloadslovenščina(410.9 KB - PDF)
- Downloadsuomi(410.25 KB - PDF)
- Downloadsvenska(411.91 KB - PDF)
- Downloadбългарски(62.36 KB - PDF)
- Downloadespañol(79.36 KB - PDF)
- Downloadčeština(80.23 KB - PDF)
- Downloaddansk(91.36 KB - PDF)
- DownloadDeutsch(89.44 KB - PDF)
- Downloadeesti(59.97 KB - PDF)
- Downloadελληνικά(79.51 KB - PDF)
- Downloadfrançais(80.9 KB - PDF)
- DownloadGaeilge(60.54 KB - PDF)
- Downloadhrvatski(53.42 KB - PDF)
- Downloaditaliano(60.19 KB - PDF)
- Downloadlatviešu(60.58 KB - PDF)
- Downloadlietuvių(60.73 KB - PDF)
- Downloadmagyar(61.41 KB - PDF)
- DownloadMalti(62.27 KB - PDF)
- DownloadNederlands(60.22 KB - PDF)
- Downloadpolski(62.21 KB - PDF)
- Downloadportuguês(61.46 KB - PDF)
- Downloadromână(78.77 KB - PDF)
- Downloadslovenčina(61.55 KB - PDF)
- Downloadslovenščina(60.17 KB - PDF)
- Downloadsuomi(78.41 KB - PDF)
- Downloadsvenska(61.19 KB - PDF)