About Experience Europe
Experience Europe is the new, permanent exhibition in Brussels where you can find out about the European Commission’s core work, priorities and policies, and about EU values, in a playful and interactive environment. It is located at Schuman roundabout, in the heart of the European neighbourhood in Brussels and is open 7 days a week.
Through different themed communication stations, you will get the chance to:
- meet the Commission President in a virtual environment
- travel to places where the Commission is active through an immersive virtual reality experience
- take a virtual tour of the iconic Berlaymont building
- follow the European Commission on social media
- take part in games and improve your knowledge of the EU at ‘Play Europe’
- end the tour with a smile and a souvenir picture
Experience Europe welcomes everyone to enjoy this unique experience.
Admission is free of charge.
What does this sculpture represent?
The sculpture represents an allegory of transparency and a bright future. It is a climate-friendly piece of art by Belgian architect Marcos Alvarez, consisting of 27 different cubical mirror tubes and 97 tubes made of 99% recyclable acrylic resin Dacryl, in the shape of the Berlaymont, which is the visual symbol of the Centre.
Visiting Experience Europe
No prior registration is necessary for individual visitors or groups of less than 10 persons. However, if you wish to guarantee access, book your visit.
Groups of 10 persons or more should reserve their visit in advance by email at ECfirstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (+32 2 29 6555) during opening hours.
Please email us at ECemail@example.com, if you are not able to keep your reservation and want to reschedule.
What you need to know about your visit:
- Most visitors spend 1- 1,5 hours in Experience Europe.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout Experience Europe. We encourage our visitors to disinfect their hands regularly.
- All surfaces, interactive equipment, facilities and premises of the exhibition are frequently sanitised.
- Please note that a cloakroom or lockers are not available.
Location and access
Rue Archimède / Archimedesstraat 1
Monday 13:00 – 18:00
Tuesday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00
Saturday – Sunday 10:00 – 18:00
Experience Europe is closed on: January 1st – May 1st –November 1st – December 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st.
During EU Summits, Experience Europe will be closed to the public. The following Summits are foreseen on 09-10/02/2023 and 23-24/03/2023.
Experience Europe is wheelchair-accessible.
Wi-Fi is available