About the programme
The European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF) is the fund for the EU's maritime and fisheries policies for 2021-2027.
- helps fishers transitioning to sustainable fishing
- supports coastal communities in diversifying their economies
- finances projects that create new jobs and improve quality of life along European coasts
- supports sustainable aquaculture developments
- supports the implementation of the maritime policy
The new EMFAF particularly supports small-scale coastal fisheries, young fishers and outermost regions, as well as the promotion of sustainable aquaculture. It also aims to make it easier for applicants to access financing while improving results.
The fund is governed by the Common Provisions Regulation.
Funded projects and results
Budget and performance
Includes performance highlights, key performance indicators, and the performance framework and assessment.
- Programme duration
- Lead Directorate-General
- Predecessor programme
European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
- Management mode
Shared and direct management
- MFF heading
Natural Resources and Environment
Agriculture and Maritime Policy
- Climate contribution
30% (ℹ) (target)
- Total budget 2021-2027
€ 6.11 billion (ℹ) (current prices)