Are there any specific safeguards for data about children?
Children’s personal data can only be collected and processed on the grounds of consent with the consent of a parent or guardian under EU law.
Can data received from a third party be used for marketing?
Rules governing use of people’s personal data for direct marketing under the EU’s data protection law, the GDPR.
Grounds for processing
- Does consent given before 25 May 2018 continue to be valid once the GDPR starts to apply on 25 May 2018?
- How is consent for processing in scientific research obtained?
- What does ‘grounds of legitimate interest’ mean?
- What if somebody withdraws their consent?
- When can personal data be processed?
- When is consent valid?