Skip to main content

Can I ask a company/organisation to send me my personal data so that I can use it somewhere else?


If a company is processing your personal data on the basis of your consent or a contract, you can ask the company to transfer your personal data to you.

You can also ask for your personal data to be transferred directly to another company whose services you would like to use, when it’s technically feasible.


You are a member of an online social media network. You decide that a new rival social media network is better suited to your aims and age-group. You can ask your current online social media network to transfer your personal data, including your photos, to the new social media network.