What the Commission is doing
Regional policy is delivered through 3 main funds:
Together with the European agricultural fund for rural development (EAFRD) and the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF), they make up the European structural and investment (ESI) funds.
- Strong research, technological development and innovation
- Access to, and use and quality of, information and communication technologies
- Competitive small business
- Shift towards a low-carbon economy
- Adaptation to climate change, risk prevention and management
- Environmental protection and resource efficiency
- Sustainable transport and better transport infrastructures
- Sustainable and quality employment and labour mobility
- Promote social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination.
- Investment in education, training and lifelong learning
- More efficient public administration
Regional policy in your country
Information on beneficiaries and programmes in your country.
Regional investment projects
Latest information on EU-funded regional projects.
Cohesion policy data
Cohesion Open Data provides transparent data to EU taxpayers on the use of EU budget funds.