Commission launches new flexible dynamic purchasing system for network and telecommunication services
DG Informatics (DIGIT) of the European Commission has launched a new dynamic purchasing system for data network connectivity and telecommunication services (TELCO DPS).
Passwords to be requested less often by EU Login
EU Login will reduce the number of times you are asked for your password when using multifactor authentication.
Commission adopts a proposal for Interoperable Europe Act
It aims to strengthen cross-border interoperability and cooperation in the public sector across the EU.
EU Login app – no more push notifications from 31 October
EU Login- Say goodbye to push notifications on your mobile device and hello to in-app, or ‘silent’, requests.
EC Open Source Workshops - Computing and Sustainability, 2 December 2022
The workshops follow the highly successful joint DIGIT/CNECT event Open Source Beyond 2020 held in November 2019.
- provide reliable, cost-effective and secure IT infrastructure and services
- deliver information systems and rationalise business processes
- create new ways for staff to work and collaborate
- align IT investments with business priorities, balancing risk with business value for the Commission
- promote and facilitate interoperability, so that European public administrations can work together seamlessly across national boundaries
DIGIT's mission is to deliver digital services to enable EU policies and to support the Commission's internal administration.
With this goal in mind, DIGIT as trusted partner has the responsibility to provide the Commission, and whenever appropriate other European institutions and bodies, with high quality and innovative:
- workplace solutions: creating new ways of working and collaboration for staff
- business solutions: delivering information systems supporting rationalised business processes within the framework of the corporate IT governance strategy
- infrastructure solutions: providing reliable, cost-effective and secure infrastructure and services
- effective solutions: aligning IT investments with business priorities, facilitating relationships with our strategic partners, balancing risk with business value for the Institution
- support the modernisation of public administrations by promoting and facilitating interoperability so that European public administrations can work seamlessly together across boundaries – Interoperability solutions
To transform the Commission through IT
DIGIT's vision is to take on and drive forward the digital leadership role within the Commission. DIGIT must develop and lead the digital transformation of the Institution so that it can deliver EU policy better, more efficiently and more productively, fully seizing the opportunities offered by new technologies.
Plans and reports
Commission work programme - overview of institution-wide deliverables for current year
Strategic plan - department strategy, objectives for 2020-2024
Management plan - department forecasted outputs, activities, resources for current year
Annual activity report - department achievements, resources used during previous year
European Commission Digital Strategy – A digitally transformed, people-first Commission
Digital workplace strategy – department principles and objectives for a modern workplace for the staff of the Commission
IT governance – provides the framework for managing, controlling, and monitoring the Commission's information technology services
Proposal for Cybersecurity Regulation – provides a framework for governance, risk management and control in the cybersecurity area.
Interoperable Europe Act Proposal – provides a EU cooperation framework for interoperability in the public sector.
Leadership and organisation
- Directorate-General for Informatics
- Phone number
- +32 2 299 11 11 (Commission switchboard)
- Postal address
- Directorate-General for Informatics, European Commission, 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel, Belgium