Know your rights
Everyone has the right to education and to have access to vocational and continuing training.
This right includes the possibility to receive free compulsory education.
The freedom to found educational establishments with due respect for democratic principles and the right of parents to ensure the education and teaching of their children in conformity with their religious, philosophical and pedagogical convictions shall be respected, in accordance with the national laws governing the exercise of such freedom and right.
This right is enshrined in article 14 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.
What to do if your rights have been breached
The authorities of EU countries are bound to comply with the Charter of Fundamental Rights only when implementing EU law. Fundamental rights are protected by your country's constitution.
Cómo notificar una violación de sus derechos
Dirigir su denuncia a la autoridad nacional pertinente, ya sea el Gobierno, los tribunales nacionales o un órgano de derechos humanos especializado.
Chapter 2 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights is on freedoms. This chapter also contains the following rights
- right to liberty and security
- respect for private and family life
- protection of personal data
- right to marry and right to found a family
- freedom of thought, conscience and religion
- freedom of expression and information
- freedom of assembly and of association
- freedom of the arts and sciences
- right to education
- freedom to choose an occupation and right to engage in work
- freedom to conduct a business
- right to property
- right to asylum
- protection in the event of removal, expulsion or extradition