DIGIT's mission is to deliver digital services to enable EU policies and to support the Commission's internal administration.
With this goal in mind, DIGIT as trusted partner has the responsibility to provide the Commission, and whenever appropriate other European institutions and bodies, with high quality and innovative
- workplace solutions: creating new ways of working and collaboration for staff
- business solutions: delivering information systems supporting rationalised business processes within the framework of the corporate IT governance strategy
- infrastructure solutions: providing reliable, cost-effective and secure infrastructure and services
- effective solutions: aligning IT investments with business priorities, facilitating relationships with our strategic partners, balancing risk with business value for the Institution
- support the modernisation of public administrations by promoting and facilitating interoperability so that European public administrations can work seamlessly together across boundaries – Interoperability solutions
To transform the Commission through IT
DIGIT's vision is to take on and drive forward the digital leadership role within the Commission. DIGIT must develop and lead the digital transformation of the Institution so that it can deliver EU policy better, more efficiently and more productively, fully seizing the opportunities offered by new technologies.